ExchangeServerPST is Like ExMerge for Exchange 2010 (Only Better)
MS Exchange Administrators know that Exmerge was a valuable tool that generated PST files in older Exchange Servers. However, in MS Exchange 2010, the Exmerge utility is no longer provided. ExchangeServerPST replaces and upgrades Exmerge. It allows you to easily import and export PST files from Exchange 2010 server mailboxes in just two simple steps with an easy-to-use graphical interface. Import your PST files into Exchange 2010 Server Online Archiving. You no longer need to use Powershell commands like export-mailbox,import-mailbox, New-Mailboximportrequest and New-Mailboxexportrequest. Download for free or see Screenshots
How ExchangeServerPST Works
ExchangeServerPST is very easy to use. Simply install the software on the Exchange 2010 Server where the mailboxes are located, select the mailboxes for which PST files need to be imported or exported and let the tool do the rest of the job for you. Exporting and Importing Exchange 2010 mailboxes is incredibly easy with this tool.
Reasons to Import Mailbox Data
There are many reasons why you would need to import mailbox data:
- You're migrating from earlier versions of Exchange and need a quick way to restore users' Mailboxes.
- Move mailbox data from one server to another
- To create a test environment
- Move a users' .pst file into his or her mailbox or personal archive: Microsoft Outlook users can save their e-mail locally as .pst files
Reasons to Export Mailbox Data
There are many reasons why you would like to export mailbox data:
- Satisfy compliance requirements: You can export mailbox content to a .pst file for legal discovery purposes. After the export is complete, you can import the content to a mailbox used specifically for compliance purposes.
- Create a point-in-time snapshot of a mailbox: By creating a snapshot of specific mailboxes, you avoid having to retain an entire backup set for a mailbox database.
- Move a user's .pst file into his or her mailbox or personal archive: Microsoft Outlook users can save their e-mail locally as .pst files
The Value of Creating PST Files from Mailboxes
PST files provide the most convenient, reliable, and fastest way to recover mailbox items such as emails, contacts, calendar events for any mailbox. PST files can be imported back into the Exchange Servers or attached directly to the Outlook on a desktop. After a server crash and moving to a new Exchange server, having PST files available for import can be a life saver for the Administrator. These are some of the uses of the PST files created from an Exchange Server:
Standard and Professional Versions
- Exchange Server PST
- Import and Export PST files with Exchange 2010 Servers
- Supports importing PST files larger than 2GB in size
- Granular control of Inbox items to export from Mailboxes
- Import PST files directly into Exchange 2010 Online Archive
- Built-in scheduler for exporting Mailboxes to PST files